I teach both my language and literature/writing classes using a student-centered approach that has earned Harvard University’s Bok Center for Teaching and Learning Certificate of Distinction and Excellence in Teaching.
The following is an abbreviated list of courses I have taught at Harvard University, Harvard Summer School, Harvard Extension, and the University of Texas at Austin:
- Elementary Western Armenian (ARMEN AA/AB)
- Intermediate Western Armenian (ARMEN BA/BB)
- Advanced Western Armenian (ARMEN CA/CB)
- Introduction to Armenian Literature in Translation (ARMEN 101)
- Kindred Spirits: Ghosts in Ethnic American Literature (ARMEN 164)
- Revolutionary Women: Contemporary Fiction of Dissent in Context (ARMEN 163)
- Contemporary Armenian Culture (ARMEN 162)
- Academic Writing & Critical Reading (EXPO E-25)
- Dark Pasts: Film/Graphic Novels/Literature (E 344L)
- Banned Books & Novel Ideas (E 314L)
- The Rhetoric of Suburbs & Slums (RHE 309K)
- Critical Reading & Persuasive Writing (RHE 309S)
- Rhetoric & Writing (RHE 306)
Interested in how I assess my students? Read more on my Assessment page.